You most probably like the home you live in and the people you live with. The home is cosy and safe, the people are kind, open and understanding. This is the best home that was ever built. It is called Europe. And you are very lucky to be born right there. Your life is good because your home has been built on solid foundations – democracy, rule of law, human rights and tolerance. It is thanks to these values that at your home you can be at peace and no matter your skin colour, your beliefs and interests you can grow without any obstacles.
Sometimes, however, someone knocks on your home’s door asking for help. You have no doubt that you need to give a helping hand if it happens rarely. But what if the people keep coming more often? Will you start questioning yourself if you have enough to share with everyone? And if you don’t share and don’t open the door, wouldn’t that be a violation of the rules governing your home and of the foundations on which your home is based? The influx of hundreds of thousand of refugees caused that the united Europe had to face a lot of dilemmas and challenges. Nationalist, xenophobic and racist ideologies grew in strength.
Hate speech has become more audible. The solidarity on which we built the united Europe has turned out to be very fragile. Will Europe in the face of such test survive still united, tolerant and open? Will we be able to protect our values? Will we demonstrate our solidarity with the people in need? There are no simple answers. However, if you are willing to look for these answers, please join us at the conference.
We will look for the answers to the above questions together with politicians, experts, and representatives of the European Union institutions during a series of events called “Refugee crisis. A crisis of values?”, which will take place on April 18-22, 2016.
▪ What? ➡ Conference, lectures, screenings, workshops
➡ Europa House, Widok St. no. 10., 50-052 Wrocław
➡ House of Peace, Wł. Łokietka St. no. 5, 50-243 Wrocław
➡ Mediateka, Plac Teatralny 5, 50-051 Wrocław
➡ Headquarters of the Social and Cultural Society of Jews in Poland, Branch in Wrocław, Column Hall [Sala Kolumnowa], Świdnicka street no. 28, 50-068 Wrocław
➡ Social Development Centre in Wroclaw, pl. Dominikański 6, 50-159 Wrocław Faculty of Law, Administration and Economics, Uniwersytecka 7-10 St, 50-145 Wrocław
➡ Barbara – Infopoint/Cafe/Culture, Świdnicka 8c St. , 50-067 Wrocław
➡ Spanish Bookstore, Szajnochy St. no. 5, 50-076 Wrocław
▪ When? 18-22 April 2016 r.
More info: ➡ www.mam-prawo.eu ⬅
For most of the events on-line registration is required. To register go to ➡ www.mam-prawo.eu/
▪ Organizers: European Commission Regional Representation in Wrocław, University of Wrocław, Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights
▪ Media: Gazeta Wyborcza, Gazeta Wyborcza Wrocław, Radio Wrocław, TVP 3 Wrocław
▪ Partners: House of Peace Foundation, Institute of Global Responsibility, Institute of Public Affairs , Coalition Against Hate Speech , Nomada, Polish Migration Forum¸ Refugee.pl Foundation, Semper Avanti, The Anti-discrimination Education Association Wroclaw Welcomes Refugees, Cukunft Jewish Association, Mediateka, Klamra, Institute od Social Security, Islamic Cultural-Educational Centre.