Since 2011we have been supporting and monitoring the education process of children from the community of Romanian Roma living in Wrocław. Thanks to the consistent efforts of many people, in 2014 they began formal education. Since then, every year subsequent children have been undertaking primary school. They are of different ages, with different skills and competences. Support in the form of integration activities and compensatory classes that take into account their needs, help coping with the school environment and meeting the requirements of the curriculum.
We also carry out activities on human rights and anti-discrimination addressed to the majority of society.
Scope of support:
- Individual support for children: Polish language classes, helping to catch up with curriculum, solving learning difficulties.
The main purpose of these activities is to help children achieve their academic progress, thereby preventing their discouragement, which may result in the interruption of education;
- Support for parents: explaining procedures, helping in completing documents, facilitating contact with the school. Parent support is particularly important as they have no previous experience with the Polish education system;
- Support for schools: cooperation with teachers and mediation in providing information to parents, supplementing school activities through non-formal education and integration activities;
- Monitoring the education process of children;
- Help for foreign children in learning the Polish language;
- Anti-discrimination and intercultural education;
- Activities in the field of prevention and responding to bias motivated violence;